Your Campus, Your Experience
As a commuter student, you are an essential part of the Bethel University community, and we want to help you get involved. Get the most out of your experience by participating in social events, chapel and other aspects of student life. Spend time on campus hanging out with friends, getting involved in activities, and making an impact on others. We’ve put together some essential information to help you get started.
Opportunities to Get Involved
- Chapel: Commuter students are encouraged to attend chapel services each Monday and Friday at 10 a.m. Chapel attendance is required for commuters if they have a class scheduled immediately before or after chapel.
- Midweek Small Groups: You will have the opportunity to choose a smaller discipleship group to grow in a particular aspect of your faith in Jesus. These take place often on Wednesdays at 10 a.m. and throughout the week.
- Spiritual Mentoring: Get signed up to have a Bethel faculty or staff member meet with you regularly and invest in your life and relationship with Jesus.
- Other Opportunities: Various events take place throughout the year to help you grow.
Just as residence halls have Resident Assistants (RAs), you will have Commuter Assistants (CAs). These upperclassmen who also commute to campus are your go-to students if you have a need. In addition, they create regular events and opportunities just for commuters to experience together.
You are welcome and invited to participate in most campus activities. Attend a sporting event or music performance, or take part in the regular campus-wide activities, there are always a lot of opportunities to get connected!
Looking for a place to hang out between classes? There are a variety of places around campus for you to connect with others, study, eat lunch, and more.
This lounge is set apart specifically for you. Get to know other commuters, work on projects, store your lunch in one of the refrigerators, and engage with our Commuter Assistants and various commuter events all in one place. Located on the first floor of the Middleton Hall of Science.
Sufficient Grounds Café
Visit the college’s coffee shop. Various meal, snack and drink options are available as well as plenty of tables and comfy couches.
The Bowen Library
Spend time in one of our many study rooms or in Mae’s Corner, a reading room with comfortable seating.
Other Student Lounges
There are a variety of student lounges with vending machines located throughout campus.
- Everest-Rohrer Chapel/Fine Arts Center – lower level
- Miller/Moore Academic Center – second floor
Located in the lower level of Sailor Residential Center, find billiard tables, ping pong, student meeting space and a lounge with a television. Food available on special occasions.
Work out in one of our facilities available to all students during posted hours in both the Wiekamp Athletic Center and Lehman Family Training Center. A Bethel I.D. is required for admittance.
Commuter students can purchase a block meal card for $62.50 to be used toward any 10 meals in the Dining Commons. These meals are entered on your Bethel I.D. card and will carry over from year to year. A variety of meal and snack options are also available at Sufficient Grounds Café.