Engineering 3/2 Program
Prepare for the rigor of The University of Notre Dame or Trine University in an environment of faith and individualized support. Earn two degrees in five years: a bachelor’s degree in mathematics/physics from Bethel University and a bachelor’s degree in engineering from either the University of Notre Dame or Trine University.
placement with starting salaries of around $65,000/year
tracks and endless possibilities to explore engineering
Engineering 3/2 Program
Bachelor of Science (BS) Program – 5 years
- Introduction to Engineering
- Calculus 1, 2, 3, and Linear Algebra and Differential Equations
- Physics 1, 2,3, and Quantum Physics
- For Mechanical/Aerospace/Civil Engineering you will take Statics, Dynamics, and Mechanics of Solids
- For Electrical Engineering you will add Programming II and Electricity & Magnetism
- For Chemical Engineering you will take Organic Chemistry I & II, Analytical Chemistry, and Physical Chemistry.
An engineering degree provides you the foundation and opportunity to move into a variety of STEM-related fields.
Consider a career in these fields:
- Agriculture and Food Manufacturing
- Electronics and Computers
- Energy, Power and Nuclear
- Manufacturing and Industry
- Marine and Naval
- Mining and Petroleum
- Research and Development
Recent graduates have found employment in organizations such as:
- Anoba in Indianapolis
- KBR, Inc.
- Old World Industries
- Keystone RV
- Ratheon Missiles & Defense
- Raytheon Technologies
- Northrop Grumman Marine Systems
- Zimmer Biomet
- Magnolia Rivers
- Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory
- Booz Allen Hamilton
You’ll gain career-shaping skills such as:
- Explore engineering fields to make sure you find an area of engineering that you will love.
- Master foundational engineering topics like Calculus, Physics, and Chemistry in an environment that fosters individualized attention.
- Prepare for the rigor to finish your engineering degree at The University of Notre Dame or Trine University.
- Become proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and learn the basics of computer programming.
- Round out your engineering preparation through liberal arts courses.
Students take part in internships in places such as:
- Anoba in Indianapolis
- Notre Dame REU
- GTA Containers
- Lippert Industries
- Collins Aerospace
- ASA Electronics
- City of Holland, MI
- DLZ Corporation
- Go Controls LLC
- SPI Industries
- Ultra Defense
- NTA Testing Laboratories
- City of Elkhart Highway Department
“Bethel allowed me to explore my faith, participate as a student athlete on the Women’s Golf Team, and meet influential peers who were also pursing the beautiful mystery that is Christianity. I truly believe that the culmination of a well-rounded education between Bethel and Notre Dame, in addition to opportunities and experiences, has prepared me not only for the technical work, but allowed me to thrive as a working adult.”
What others are saying about our graduates:
- “The students we have had here from Bethel have been personable, industry focused and have excellent problem-solving skills.” GTA Containers
- “I have found them to be more grounded and focused than students from other colleges … they have both and understanding of the theory and the ability to apply their training to solve real world problems.” President, AE Techron
- “What I like about Bethel grads is their combination of knowledge and wisdom. I know they will be well-formed not only in their intellectual life, but as persons of character as well. I can count on them to work hard, build up our team, and make good decisions when it matters.” Notre Dame IDEA Center
- “Most entry-level engineering candidates will have similar coursework and lab experiences. When recruiting, SPI Industries looks for what differentiates one graduate from another. What catches our eye about Bethel University engineering students is the program’s emphasis on internships and real-world practical experience. The quality of the student’s skill-building experiences outside the classroom sets the Bethel engineering program apart from others.” SPI Industries
Engineering 3/2 Program Highlights
Prepare for continued education at the University of Notre Dame or Trine University in an environment of faith and individualized support. Earn two degrees in five years: a bachelor’s degree in mathematics/physics from Bethel and a bachelor’s degree in engineering from either the University of Notre Dame or Trine University.
Also Consider These Areas of Study
As you’re pursuing a degree in engineering, you may explore pairing it with one of the following degrees:
Connect with Us on Social Media
Meet Our Faculty
This degree provides many opportunities for paid internships. Contact the Math, Engineering & Computer Sciences department for details.